Much better than I expected!

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

MSC Meraviglia

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 18, 2021

Ship: MSC Meraviglia

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 11115

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Everyone’s expectations and experiences are viewed through their own filters. My group of 8 loved it!

Embarkation

While it seemed frenetic and chaotic, I think that was more about my group making sure we had everything we needed. It was quick… less than 20 minutes to get through the process.

Ship experiences

Honestly, although tastes can be subjective, I ha heard so many mixed reviews of the food, we lowered our expectations. Thankfully, the food was perfectly fine, and often very good. We ate all dinners in the MDR, except one night in the buffet and one night at the steakhouse. Everything was well seasoned and varied.

There were 1,500 people on board. Given the circumstances, I thought MSC’s staff did their part to see that we had a good time.

I saw one show and it was fine. Didn’t see enough of the shows to give a thorough review. Hear good things from others who did see the shows.

I can’t say strongly enough how wonderful the staff were in all areas. Smiles, friendly, helpful, and absolutely dedicated to making sure we had a great cruise. I would give them 10 stars!

As others have shared, there was a CONSTANT presence of staff cleaning all high touch areas. And they would remind folks to wash their hands and wear their masks. The ship is beautiful.

Ship tip

Make the lighthouse climb and watch the lighthouse light show from the beach.

Ports of call

OCEAN CAY MSC MARINE RESERVE, BAHAMAS

Miami, Florida

Disembarkation

Self walk-off with luggage was delayed by about an hour. The cruise director announced multiple times that they were waiting for local authorities to clear the ship. But to be fair, we were still docking at 7:00 am. So we were a tish late. So I’m not sure it’s all the fault of the local authorities. Lol.

Traveler Photos

Oysters Rockefeller at The Butchers Cut Steakhouse were amazing. Savio was a tremendous bartender. Great room. And room service!