Cruise ship left us at the pier

MSC Fantasia Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

11 Night Mediterranean (Civitavecchia Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 09, 2016
Ship: MSC Fantasia

We booked a cruise back in February 9, 2016, with Fantasia embarking from Rome Civitavecchia  at 19:00.  That was the disembarkation time listed on my itinerary, however, by the time we made it to the port at

around 1700, the ship had just left the port leaving us standing on the port feeling desesparate, confused, scared and angry because we were in a foreign country, and we did not speak the language.  At the very

moment when my daughter exclaimed, “Oh my God, Mom the ship is moving,” confused and teary,  I then, realized that we had been left behind stranded in a foreign country.  I had not the slightest ideas

what to do, because I was still in shocked.  I took a few minutes to recomposed myself, and then, I managed to figure out a plan to catch the ship at the next port.  Luckily for us, the next port was only 4 hrs away from

Civitavecchia an it was accessible by train and automobile.  We had to spend the night at a hotel and kept my one day rental car for another day.  We had to drive 4 hrs from Civitavecchia to Geneva to meet the ship at the

port.