MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Excellent Staff but rude guests & too much in-your-face sales!

Sail Date: July 23, 2016

I enjoyed my cruise on MSC and plan to book with the cruise line within the next year.  They have a ship which goes to Martinique and Guadelope.  The decor of the ship is beautiful but it is spoiled by the numerous amounts of sales booths throughout the ship.  I really enjoyed the dining service in the Black Crab, the beverage service in the Divina bar, the Cigar Bar and the casino.  Because of my casino play, I received a discounted choice of cruises on MSC for an upcoming trip.  There were too many rude children running throughout the ship and jumping in and out of the pools and hot tubs.  Their parents [European] had no control over them nor did it seem that they cared.  The guests were rude to the staff and others by shoving, reaching over other guests in the buffet area.  The children would also sneeze anywhere without covering their mouths.  I rarely saw anyone use hand sanitizer which was throughout the dining areas.  The buffet food was excellent and quite a variety but there were too many guests, not enough staff to clean the tables properly nor effectively.  The food on the steam tables did not remain hot but the pizza varieties were the best I have ever tasted anywhere.  It ranks right up there with real Italian pizza in Italy.  Overall, in spite of the rude guests, I would sail the MSC line again, but on a smaller ship and during the semesters when children are in school.  I had a fabulous room attendant by the name of Urip from Indonesia.

Very clean and large enough for two passengers. The TV could use more channels. I liked the size of the shower.
I have traveled 4 different cruise lines. The embarkation and disembarkation process went VERY smoothly. I was one of the first passengers off the ship. I was at Miami airport by 7 a.m.!
Beautiful ship and decor.
I have been to all the ports on previous cruises, so I am familiar with them.
Too many kids in the pool/hot tub area running around.
I like the La Luna Bar, the casino and the cigar bar. I met some new friends from afar.
Food didn't stay warm on buffet line but the Black Crab was good for breakfast. They don't use spray to clean the tables after one party leaves and another sits down.

Be prepared, there are no free drinks in the casino while one plays the slots or table games. Know your contract [i.e. daily included tip policy] before you go.