MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Honeymoon Cruise First Time MSC

Sail Date: October 25, 2014

I had a great time cruising with my wife on the MSC Divina. My wife and I are in our 20's without children. I have been on two other cruises both with Princess before this cruise. This was the first time for my wife. I will be brief but explicit in why we enjoyed our cruise on the MSC Divina:

Positives:

Most beautiful elegant ship I've seen (Many people who have been on all other cruise lines agreed)

Awesome nightly entertainment in the gorgeous theater (Mostly singing, dancing, acrobatics, unfortunately little magic)

Balcony stateroom was big and luxurious

Amazingly friendly staff

Buffet was diverse in food options

Nightly dinners were almost always good with few exceptions

Ports were great (Jamaica, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Bahamas) and un-boarding/boarding worked well

Ship was very smooth and only on bad waves could you feel the ship moving

Negatives:

Poor drink selection (water/juice) unless beverage package was purchased

Most food was great but occasionally inedible (Mostly because food is sometimes cooked for a European taste palate)

Occasional announcements in room were a nuisance early in the morning

Entertainment is occasionally on the risque side (women/men clothed in close to nothing)

Entertainment is unfit for families with children for this reason

Daily activities on-board were lacking (We weren't interested in lots of it)

No movies shown in the pantheon theater but a nightly movie was shown by the pool which was usually an older movie (On Princess they showed newly released movies on their screen)

Overall we loved our cruise with MSC and we would cruise with them again!

Children's Programs N/A
Miami, Florida
Falmouth, Jamaica
DO NOT LEAVE THE PORT AREA OR YOU WILL BE ACCOSTED BY ILLEGAL TAXI DRIVERS. EXCURSIONS ARE OVERPRICED AND YOU ARE AGAIN ACCOSTED BY PEOPLE FORCING YOU TO BUY THEIR STUFF
George Town, Grand Cayman
Take local bus to 7 mile beach $2.50 a person and all beaches in Grand Cayman are public so you don't need to pay for an expensive excursion to enjoy this unforgettable beach.
Xrails is awesome. Go with Wild Tours and wear something that you are okay with completely trashing.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas