Cruise Worth The Price

MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 02, 2014
Ship: MSC Divina
Cabin Number: GTY

Purchased 2 Balcony ( Double Occupancy ) via a Travel Zoo deal of $299 pp + tax per room. These cruise for 2 adults & 2 kids cost about $1900. Based on this price it was a good cruise.

MSC still has along way to go to compete in the American market. I read reviews that claim " Cruise From Hell " or " Worst Cruise Ever ". On this I disagree. Had very good service. Had no problem with people not speaking English. The Food ( dinners ) in main dining room was fine. The buffet area needs some work as to how it flows & refilling of empty dishes but nothing that you can't get around.

Had an issue with the Steak House. Way over priced for what I received. Steak was not good at all. Everything was ala cart. Should have been price fix.

Pools were good. Not really crowded even on Sea Days. New ship. Very beautiful. Entertainment was also very good.

Their communication skills need a lot of work though. There was a problem getting on the ship due to problem at the port. People stood in lines for hours. MSC had no backup plan to deal with this. Poorly handled.

Last thing, ports of call ( This was Western Caribbean ) Jamaica was a waste of time. Don't bother getting off the ship. Also Great Strip Cay ( NCL's private Island ) was a disappointment .

Over all, for the price we paid, we had a good time. I'm not so sure that if I paid $4,000 for this cruise I would have been as happy. Would I cruise with MSC again ? Price, price price. That's the deal maker.

Dinning rooms good. Buffet ok. Steak House, awful.

My 12 year old loved the Bingo games

Much better then expected.

Teen club was acceptable.

No problems. Everyone spoke English.

Ship 2 years old. Beautiful ship.

Balcony. Lots of room for 2 people.

Eat in dinning rooms for all 3 meals. Only use buffet as a fill in when you're hungry.

Port of Miami had a gas leak. Took over 8 hours to load ship. Miami itself ok of course
Don't even get off the ship !
7 Mile Beach great