Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disappointed with Monarch of the Seas

Sail Date: November 21, 2011

This was my third cruise on Monarch of the Seas. However this one was very disappointing having spent 4 days at sea and 1 day in port in Nassau. The entertainment was very mediocre. The ship advertised events that did not happen such as the lottery each day. The food was very good providing both buffet options and options for sit down dining as well as throughout the day.

Pros: I was impressed with the service given by the very attentive employees

Cons: Changes in itinerary resulted in 4 days at sea. Very disappointed.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

Overall the ship condition is good for it's age. Condition of public areas were good. The public restrooms could use additional checking and cleaning throughout the day.
Rooms are small but adequate. THere were great movies on during the day, but the TVs are very old and small. Very difficult to see the movie
The entertainment is weak. The band was not very good. I think they need more diverse entertainment to appeal to all ethnic groups.
The food was excellent with many choices. Special diets are readily available. I did utilize room service which was excellent (however I noticed that there is a cost now that was not there before during the night). I think the drinks (lemonade) very watered down.
Staff were great and very attentive.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
THe ship had to change the itinerary. Was very disappointed that an alternative was not available which led to spending 4 days at sea on a 5 day cruise and only docking at Nassau. I felt a suitable alternative should have been provided or a re-imbursement. The customer service was not very helpful
Preferred to use the jitney and travel around the island from a native perspective. THe dock was great and was able to tap into a little native cuisine what was excellent.