Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Worst vacation ever!

Sail Date: November 21, 2011

Our 1st night I woke up to a cockroach next to my husbands head & then our plug-ins didn't work & we had dirty bedding. They made it better & gave my son a $10 arcade room credit. I felt this was a pathetic way to make it better. The food has really gone down hill sine our last Royal Caribbean cruise. The dessert....well the cookies were the only edible dessert. my entire family ended up having a 48 hour flu we cought after day 1. So we were stuck in our room for 1/2 of the time & then the one day everyone was healthy we couldn't get off b/c the waters were too rough so the port was cancelled. All I wanted was to get home, wished we never would have taken this cruise.

Pros: The comedy shows

Cons: The size of the tiny rooms, not big enough for 4 people & the food has gone down hill since our last one & it wasn't as clean as I would have liked

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

THe things we saw were pretty good, but I think the dinner times got in the way of the extra fun you can have. The 545 dinner was too early & the 930 was too late, so it wasn't as enjoyable since we weren't that hungry by dinner but if we would have waited it would have been too late. Carnival did it better!
The salad was the only thing I enjoyed & when you pay for a cuise you expect to enjoy the food & we did NOT!
Layout of the public areas were fine, but the rooms were rediculous. If all 4 of us needed to get ready, at least 2 of us had to sit in our bed in order for the others to get around. I have been on cruises before & NEVER had a room the size of my walkin closet at home.
The ship layout was fine, wished there would have been an adult pool/hottub. Although the rule was chidlren weren't allowed in the hottub without an adult it wasn't inforced so when we wanted to go in, both of them were full of children swimming in the hottub & they were all under the age of 14. I have two children, so I like kids but I want to be able to sit in the hottub without being hit in the bead with a leg or splashed, that is what the pool is for.
The guy who cleaned our room was the nicest guy & we really liked him. There were a few people, our servers at dinner who were super nice. But I was supprised to see that a lot of the bartenders must hate their jobs b/c they were not friendly AT ALL!
We didn't feel their was anything special about Nassau. We would have liked to spend the day at Atlantis but with one child sick on the cruise it was a no do day
Don't Miss: no