A Lot of Fun

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 06, 2011
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
The boat was very well run ( Monarch of the Seas) and had a wide variety of activities. I had an overall good experience. The food was great! I was a little disappointed with the casino. The "house edges" were way too high for a place the doesn't serve complimentary drinks or even coffee. I suspect the slots were up in the double digit house edge range. The roulette should have been a single zero European style wheel.. the 6 to 5 Single deck Black Jack should have been a 3 to 2 Double Deck game because no one was playing the Mutl-Deck games because of the continuous shuffle machines. (even though for the average player they are actually better games.) The Craps were adequate. I do want to say the Dealers at alll the games were very good, both service wise and technically as to the game play. If the edges had been a bit fairer, I would have played ten times more at at least ten time the average bet size... That will make the casino more money with a smaller edge any time. ;-) Over all the cruise in general was a lot of fun!

-jim

Loved every meal I devoured!

The shows were very well done.

AAAAAAA+ If you want it they will make it happen.

MOS is an older vessel but very well maintained and more than adequate for folks with realistic expectations.

Good enough.. I actually thought the head was very large for the stateroom size.
What can I say.. Nassau is the same as it was 25 years ago, with the exception of Atlantis.
Nice Place...

Pros: The Food and the Service

Cons: The Casino

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!