Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disappointed

Sail Date: June 06, 2011

This was my second cruise. I was disappointed, that there was so little to do on board if you were not a gambler or drinker. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly. The food was just okay. I just wasn't wow-ed on this cruise. What would have been available if we had not done the CocoCay Island day?

Pros: The shows

Cons: So little activities for non drinking, gambling guests on board.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

Just not enough to do and now we have movies in our room on the TV. Just what I wanted, to watch TV on my vacation; missed the theater.Just not enough activities, I expected something going on all the time in the way of activities. I can do bingo at home.
Nothing stands out.
A bit crowded, but was to be expected.
All staff was friendly and helpful.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I would say this ended up being the best experience of the cruise and we weren't going to do it. I think this excursion should have been explained a bit better. My parents thought it was swimming and sun all day. There were enough things to do that they enjoyed this.
Don't Miss: All of it should be experienced if possible.
Would have liked to have more info about eating, where to go, best restaurants for lunch, etc. The tours were below average.
Don't Miss: Shopping