Short but Sweet

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 29, 2011
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
For a short three night cruise it was O.K. Monarch of the Seas is definitely an older ship and it shows it wear. The carpeting throughout the ship is beige and stained, the oceanview stateroom on Deck 9 was spacious, but the bathroom and especially the shower was quite small. I wouldn't consider sailing on this ship again.

Not enough selection of seafood items and had the same menu two nights in a row.

Other than the Farewell Musical show I didn't care for the entertainment.

My head waiter, waiter and assistant waiter were all excellent, as well as the Room Steward. The other staff I encountered all seem friendly. No complaints.

The ship lack sufficient restrooms and most cases you have to go from one deck to another to find a restroom.

Already addressed this area.
It is your typical Caribbean Island. I had been there about 40 years ago and it looked much more rundown.
Don't Miss: I didn't go on any excursion just walk around the town.
It was a relaxing time at the beach even though I'm not much of a beach person. The scenery was breathtaking.
Don't Miss: Didn't take part and any of the beach sports or didn't have the BBQ, just set at the beach and enjoyed the view and dripped my feet in the azure blue water.

Pros: Good Entertainment

Cons: Dinner food selection was limited

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!