you get what you pay for

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 29, 2011
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
this is an old ship, carpet needs to be replaced in many places. The rooms are small but they are adequate and comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was awesome. Most of the good activities occurred too late at night for me to enjoy. I went on 3 night cruise and that was plenty on this ship. It was a value cruise and that is what you get. I am not sure I will travel this ship again, definately will go on a more updated ship.

The food in the main dining room was good but portions were small and I ordered 2 appetizers very night and I am a small frame female. The buffet was fair, the food was not kept warm enough and I wished there was a littel more variety. I certainly did not find myself eating all the time.

most of the adult entertainment occured after 11pm and I found myself bored looking for something to do between diner and the entertainment. We spent a good bit of time in the casino.

The staff was excellent and always smiling. The stateroom attendent was outside in the halls all the time and kept the room clean and towels fresh. Our waiter was very friendly and seemed to enjoy his job and life on the ship.

This is an old ship and salt water is hard on it but it was comfortable. The size is small but I did not need anymore space and had plenty of room to navigate the room.
We decided to stay on ship but went to Atlantis resort after dinner and the Aquarium was awesome and the port has been updated since my last visit and was a lot nicer.
My advice is to walk the beach past all the water activities and the beach is quieter and there are free umberellas, the water was clear and the breeze was the best but don't forget the sunscreen.

Pros: ports of call

Cons: main dining room only served breakfast until 9:30am

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!