Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Weekend Escape

Sail Date: October 01, 2010

Room Type: Suite

My husband and I celebrated my 40th birthday on the Monarch of the Seas. The staff and service were wonderful. The ports of call were good and the food on the ship was fabulous. I'm certain we both gained 5 pounds from eating so much. The ship is old and the rooms were very dated. I would recommend a junior suite so that you can enjoy the ocean from your private balcony and stretch out inside your suite with more space. The inside cabins are very small in comparison.

Pros: Laid back atmosphere

Cons: Condition of the Ship

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

We stayed in a junior suite. The size was great. The room decor is dated and the shower is quite short. My husband is just over 6 feet and had challenges with the shower. His head hit the ceiling.
The comedian was great. The deck parties were not as fun as I had hoped.
Monarch of the Seas is an older ship that needs some updating.
My husband is a big eater, so the buffets for breakfast and lunch were great. There were lots of great choices. My husband also ordered multiple entrees for dinner and that was a real bonus. I'd also recommend purchasing the soda package ahead of time for convenience.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
The island is small enough to grab food and get back to you beach chair in minutes. The appearance of the tender boat dock and surrounding are could be improved.
The straw market can be overwhelming, but you can find great items at unbelievable prices.
Don't Miss: Straw Market