Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Over all a nice time, but

Sail Date: July 30, 2010

The room needed to be about 5 to 10 degrees cooler at night for sleeping, drink prices were not as bad as I expected, like I said before the staff was great, this was my first cruise so I have little to compare it with other than my expectations. I felt that over all the organization of everything was good, but I felt that you are purposely mislead to spend more money, so that you will spend more money, you walk on board and they come at you with drinks asking if you would like to 'try' the drink of the day, need to change the 't' to a 'b'. LOL, not a big deal, but just want other newbies to know that nothing is free, don't buy the drink packages, like water or soda, they service ice water on the boat for free and there are noncarbonated drinks at all meals, but dinner. We drank the water and had no issues.

Pros: Staff was great, food was very good

Cons: I didn't like that it was more money to eat in some of the dinning rooms, and the ship was a bit out dated looking also I didn't really like how the party was always moving on the hour.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

As stated above, too warm, small, but what do you expect, clean enough for its age. bed seemed short, and it was basically two twins pushed together

Like I said it is an older ship, and there are lots of smoking areas, so if you don't like smoke be a little careful, we did okay with it, seems like it was designated for one side of the ship only.
We didn't have children on board the ship, but my wife is ever vigilant of any programs for children, as we have two and she also works in an elementary school, and while she disapproved of the late nights that some of the younger children seemed to have to endure while the parents played she seemed to feel the over all quality of the child care looked good.
Well this was only a 3 night trip, so hard to get into the grove, but it was good enough, they had a couple different bands that were decent, and a couple comedy shows, only made it to 1 and a 1/4 of them, I kind of wish they had a full time dance place, with music going all night just for that. I mean I'm not the biggest fan of karaoke, and one night I ended up singing, because, well, I was a bit bored.
Food was very good, again, I would have liked to try the steakhouse on the upper deck, but it was extra, and we were on a budget that was all ready blown, lots of types of food, so try to step out of the box, careful on the sweets, make healthy choices and use the stairs and you may not even gain too much

Could not have asked more of them, they all are very well trained, don't diss the company, and are very willing to engage you in conversation about anything including where they come from and how they got there.

dirty and congested if you are not going on some excursion, stay on the boat, or go to a bar, but the prices for drinks at the bars with in walking distance of the boat are higher than on the boat.
Don't Miss: didn't go, but kind of wish I'd gone to Atlantis
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Very nice we got up early and went on a kayak tour, saw stingrays, and the guide was very nice and knowledgeable, nice time, then we went back to the boat for lunch and then back to Cococay in the afternoon for a walk and a swim, saw a small black tip shark, wicked cool
Don't Miss: the water