Our first cruise

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 04, 2010
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
I liked the ship. As it was my first cruise I have nothing to compare it to, but I couldn't find too much to fault.

Breakfast was the usual buffet style and could be crowded if you arrived at the wrong time. Due to the crowds the buffet restaurant could get a little messy and it could be difficult to find a table. Next time I would definitely try the restaurant service breakfast. I would also go for either "My Time Dining" or the earlier sitting as we did miss a few shows because of our late sitting.

The entertainment was good and average. A couple of the shows were pretty amateurish whilst for example, the illusionist was excellent. Bingo was pretty pricey for what it was.

I thought the staff were fantastic. I did not come across anyone who did not have a smile on their face even though I know that they work extremely hard.

Very clean and in good condition. I liked the layout and the decor in the public areas and the restaurants.

The stateroom was a little small and the fact that there was no room at the side of the bed meant you had to crawl down the bed to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. This was a little awkward. The room was very clean though.
I was not a fan. I thought Nassau was pretty "tacky" and not what I expected. Everyone seemed to selling either really expensive jewelry or complete "tat" (that's Irish for trash). We did enjoy Senor Frogs though. There was plenty of "craic" (that's Irish for fun) going on there and we enjoyed the cocktails and watching the youngsters dancing pretty much anywhere and everywhere.
Don't Miss: I believe it is Atlantis. We didn't fancy the trip.
Really enjoyed the visit to Coco Cay. Loved the views and the sea. I'm sorry I didn't do some of the water sports (I needed my daughter there to drag me into those). Loved the afternoon barbecue as well.
Don't Miss: A swim in the crystal clear waters. (watch out for the jellyfish)

Pros: The value for money

Cons: Not a fan of Nassau!

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!