First Time Learning Cruise

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 06, 2009
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
Since this was my first time on a cruise, I guess it went well. It just didn't live up to my expectations after reading so many reviews. You are confined to the ship when at sea, so if the shows are not so great, the comedy acts a little corny, you get stuck with a group that is not compatible at dinner and you lose a lot at the casino, it doesn't make for the best vacation. The food in the dining room was fantastic, but the buffet was not so good. Room service was fast and pretty good though. Nassau was a true tourist trap, with people begging for your money as soon as you get off the ship. The private island would have been great if not for the thousand or so people that were on the ship that were squeezed onto the island. The water was the most amazing thing. I have never seen such beauty. I don't think I am the type of person that falls in love with cruising. My friend that went with me felt the same way. We made the best of it by joking about the bad stuff.

Too many people begging for money for sigtseeing and selling stuff.
Don't Miss: The aquarium at Atlantis
Way too crowded. Maybe a morning shift and afternoon shift choice would have been better, so that the whole ship wasn't there at the same time.
Don't Miss: The beautiful water.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!