Mask Up

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Mariner of the Seas

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 04, 2021

Ship: Mariner of the Seas

Cabin number: 7676

Traveled as: Couple

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Review summary

We felt we were misled by Royal Caribbean regarding use of masks. We had previously cancelled a scheduled cruise with another line specifically because of their stated mask policies. This was our first RC cruise and our last.

Embarkation

Wonderfully quick.

Ship experiences

We did not go to any specialty restaurants. Found it strange that they were located just outside the buffet. Not a very "elegant" entrance. The food in main dining room was not remarkable. Typical fish, beef, pork, pasta selections.

If I could separate these, I would. The dining room and bars staff were great, maybe because they weren't under the stress of masked guests. I would rate them 5 stars. However I would give one star to the rest of the staff. I don't know if they were being watched or what, but we our room steward and two employees at one of the shops were absolutely rude regarding wearing masks.

Our balcony room was easy to move around in. The balcony had room for 2 chairs and table. I rate the cabin 4 only because there were a couple of places where spills on the carpet had not been cleaned.

Ship tip

100% fully vaccinated crew and guests means nothing. You are expected to wear a mask any time you are moving outside your cabin. Once you are in the bar or the casino, you can "safely" remove your mask i.e. no staff will rush to you in admonishment!

Disembarkation