Great Cruise!

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 18, 2012
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
We traveled with our teenagers, ages 16 & 14. If you are going to take teens, I would recommend traveling wtih another family with kids similar ages. We hoped our kids would meet others, 1 did and 1 didn't. The food was good, the dining room took too long for a family, especially one with 2 impatient kids so most nights we went to the buffet, which was very good. The process to get on the ship was chaotic, at best. I felt like I spent most of my vacation standing in line and waiting for something. However, the ports were great, great activities and overall had a great time.

Good food. They have cut back on the amount of seafood in the dining room but the buffet is way better than I remember.

Enjoyed the shows, especially the comedians and Mosaic!

Need more variety for teen activities & more ways to get them involved.

Cruise director and staff were great! It is evident that they have cut back in staff since our cruise 9 years ago - dinner was slow, plates were slow to be cleared in buffet area, drinks aren't refilled in buffet area, etc.

Two connecting balconies were great but you could not lock the door between them and since an adult has to be assigned to each room, my key only worked for the kids room.
They need to do some updating, drawers were difficult to open, TVs are very outdated.

Pros: Food choices on buffet

Cons: Lines, lines, lines

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!