Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Horrible shore excursions

Sail Date: March 18, 2012

The ship in itself was average and the staff was excellent. I really enjoyed the adult activities (the Quest and the comedy) but I wish that they had been held a bit earlier....10-12 is a bit late for me....but that's just because I'm an early riser. The Tulum and Beach Break excursion in Cozumel was not worth the 109 pp. We were at the ruins for 35 minutes and didn't even get to see the beach from the ruins. After an hour and a half travel to get there - we expected more! We were then whisked off to the buffet which served fish and gross beans and then spend time on the beach. I would have wished for a bit more time at the ruins and less time on the beach. We ended up getting a portion of our excursion refunded because we paid for the Ruins, not to spend more than 1/2 the excursion on the bus.

Pros: The food and staff

Cons: The disorganization of the shore excursions

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

Layout and size was average as was the decor and cleanliness of public areas.
A bit small - bathroom was dated and had paint peeling and the steam vent was hanging down....but comfortable.
Loved the Quest and the comedy shows.
As the teens can come and go, I think a little more organization for the teen activities is needed.
Food quality was great!
The staff were amazing and very friendly! They knew our names as soon as we stepped into the stateroom and sat at the dining table.