pleasant but not outstanding

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 29, 2012
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
Overall the ship was good. We had a balcony room which compared to other ships we have been on was small. The bathroom was very small with a shower that was impossible to stretch your arms to each side. I'm not that big 5' 10' & 180 but it was chore to wash your hair. Food was good with a variety of choice. I was told that Royal Caribbean has cut back on some aspects & there was no sommelier. The wine was served by the table waiter & his knowledge was minimal. I deliberately chose, what I thought was the dine at any time, however we had to still pick a time. This could be a different time each night if you wished, but it was still inconvenient. The entertainment each night was adequate but one night there was a man doing different voices & he was terrible. The ice show was very good & my wife and I thought that was the best of the shows.

The food itself was good to excellent but see review for time of dinner problems

See review above

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: Paying for "any time dining" & then having to choose a time.

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!