Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Gorgeous Ship

Sail Date: January 02, 2012

Prettiest ship we've been on in 12 cruises. However getting on and off ship made this most unpleasant trip of all. Asked for special assistance for husband over and over and never received it. Not enough personnel or wheelchairs and I asked for this way ahead of time. Stood in line 3 hours on departing (had to get folding chair for husband) and this is ridiculous. Perhaps there are too many people on a ship this large but it seemed staff was not quite as gracious as in past cruises. I did not hear, "it's my pleasure" one time. This is politically incorrect but the Indian staff seemed surly whereas the Phillipino are much happier and more gracious so steer yourselves in that direction. I think the Captain needs to do a better job of training in the manners department for his staff. Don't be misled by being a Crown and Anchor member. It's worthless.

Pros: Ship was beautiful

Cons: Getting on and off was a nightmare

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

The least friendly of any ship I've been on. Perhaps it's because it's too large of ship or poor training. I addressed this above.
Dining seemed very crowded all the time and you didn't get the feel of fine dining. Forget the lobster, frozen and awful. An abundance of food but cafeteria quality...not fine dining.
We got an interior room and it was very small. I recommend upgrading to a room with window and a bit more room. Worth extra money. Have to request ice for room. Great steward
Physical condition and cleaniness was superb
Absolutely beautiful theater and sets. Comfortable seating and great entertainment. Don't miss the shows. Also great parades on the Broadwalk