Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The cruise met our every expectation

Sail Date: March 11, 2007

The ship was clean, the staff was friendly & helpful. We were just on Mariner in November & we have cruised Explorer twice. I want to become a diamond member, but I was very disappointed that it was such a problem to request a waiter when it was requested months in advance. Mehi (i don't know if the spellng is correct) made our last trip so much fun at dinnertime. Other than that the cruise was wonderful. We are planning another cruise around November & will probably cruise the Mediterranian next year. It may be a small thing to you, but the waiter situation was really upsetting. I don't like being told he would lose money. No one knows how much we tip & was it an attempt to say we would not put the appropriate tips. All of our staff were tipped was requested & all got more than that since service was so good. I love Royal Caribbean cruising & am planning to become a Diamond member.

Pros: All of the staff we had were more than accomatiting

Cons: I was very disappointed that we requested a certain waiterwhen we booked & again requested him again when we boarded as we had him on our previous cruise and they told us he would lose money if he came to our section. That is rude as we are great tippers & there were 10 of us.

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
Mu husband & son went on a helicopter ride & loved everuy minute of it & we also enjoyed the shoping. Very clean port
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
I've done Dunns River several times so we got off to do some shopping. We were haunted by beggers & cab drivers so we just returned to the ship
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
I love the shopping, the beaches & the snorkling. Carlos & Charlies was a blast. Would go back to Cozumel anytime
Ocho Rios, Jamaica