Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Price was right!!!

Sail Date: November 26, 2006

Most shows were great. On the tv previews in our room, it showed Ricky Nelsons sons, performing, so thought they would be performing on our cruise. so that was a disappointment when they didn't. Also, bought a Citizen watch on the ship as they said they were higher on the Islands. We found the same watch for $45.00 cheaper at a jewelers in St. Thomas. So, we are now leary of buying anything on the ship. I felt the teeth whitening was a rip off. Came home and saw my dentist the very next day and she laughed that I had gotten scammed . There was no obvious change in the color of my teeth, and that infuriated me. Especially after finding out the jewelers were no deals either.

Pros: cheap rates, and Becky, the cruise director was fabulous

Cons: lines for ice show tickets and slow service from the pasta bar in the dining room, our table was finished with their luncheon when the five at the table received thier pasta orders. Same waiter never returned to fill our water glasses thru the whole meal

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

Philipsburg, St. Maarten
took a taxi tour of the island, and was so very happy with it. I hired him from the shopping area, as he spoke very good English and we had the taxi to ourselves for a very pleasant and enjoyable tour.
Don't Miss: shopping areas and Orient Beach for sunning