Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

Well Organized Cruise

Sail Date: May 31, 2009

When you see the size of this ship it will take your breath away! I have cruised eleven times and this ship is the largest ship I have been on. For the amount of people which was upwards of three thousand people I was amazed how well they serviced everyone. However, this ship lacks in a personal feeling that one gets with a smaller ship. I don't think I ever saw the same people twice. If that doesn't bother you, than this is a great ship for you. I think the design caters to a party crowd. The center promonade reminded me of main street at Disneyland. There was lots of things which would appeal to the younger set such as minature golf, ice skating, rock climbing, inline skating, and basketball to name a few. And these are all at no extra charge. Food was excellent in the dining room. Staff were always pleasant and helpful. The ship was very well maintained and clean at all times.

Pros: I like the cleanliness of the ship, the friendliness of the staff, and the quality of the dining room food

Cons: The SIZE of the ship. It is like being in a small city with not enough parks.

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

Didn't think the entertainment and shows were very outstanding. If you go on this ship don't miss the ice skating show though. It was the best thing going for this cruise ship.
Not enough open areas to sit and relax short of the swimming pool area which mostly was too windy.
Food was great. But they closed the open buffet at 9:30 every night unlike any other ship that I have ever been on. One couldn't even sit in the dining room and have a cup of coffee.
Make sure you pay the extra for a window. There are plenty available.
Some of the best I have experienced.