Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Cruise (our 4th in 3 years)

Sail Date: October 29, 2006

The Navigator class ships are by far the best designed ships. We never feel like we are in a crowd, there are many hideaways both inside and outside where we can find quiet and relaxation, even during days at sea. I can always find places to comfortably explore the ship, finding new places each day. Compare this to Carnival ships that channel all the passengers into a small area of the ship. The Mariner of the Seas was wonderful.

Pros: Layout and size of the ship

Cons: choppy seas

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

The best stateroom attendant we have ever had.
With each additional cruise I think we are raising our expectations. The dining room food might possibly need a little upgrading. The food in the Windjammer was excellent and the layout is fantastic. I never had to wait in a line with the many "stations" available. For the first time we dined in the Chops Grille and our meal was the best we have ever had on a cruise ship. In the future, we will make it a point to dine in the specialty dining rooms at least twice a cruise.
Again we had an inside cabin, small and cozy, but if you are taking a cruise and spending any significant time in your cabin, that's your loss. Plus it makes the rest of the ship less crowded.
Shows were great and we attending some more of the offbeat events. I won the sports trivia and my wife and I teamed up and finished 2nd in some other fun contest.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
A beautiful island, not really too commercial. I took a taxi tour here and really enjoyed it.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The wife and I took a taxi tour here, the nude beach was beautiful but the old naked men were not. Where were all the hot naked babes? The local rum we purchased here is the best I have ever had.