Flagship Mardi Gras during Covid

Mardi Gras Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Mardi Gras

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 15, 2022

Ship: Mardi Gras

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 14415

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Overall, I enjoyed the ship and all the food and drink options. You have to keep in mind the cruise line is not 100% yet but they are getting back on there feet and the Mardi Gras is on a good rebound track. I like the layout and design of this ship.

Ship experiences

The amount of options and the current complimentary open restaurants, should leave no room for complaints about food. Way too many options and there is some really good food on this ship.

Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que

Decent bbqSides, not so much but ok.

Grand View Bar

Never open

Seafood Shack

Just ok but priced well

Guy's Burger Joint

Ya boy!!!! The best!!

Street Eats

What a neat place and great food

Cucina del Capitano

I very fine choice. I would eat here every night if I could. And you can order main dining options there too

Chibang!

I didn’t think it would work, but it did. I had Asian apps and Spanish meal

Bar della Rosa

Creamy expresso martini is all I have to say

Big Chicken by Shaq

Damn good chicken

I thought the activities were a bit bland and boring at times

Serenity Adult-Only area

Best serenity deck ever I did see!!!:)

Summer Landing

Great spot

Waterworks Aqua Park

Do the Orange slide if you dare

Mardi Gras Casino

These machines sucked ass. Not a lot of variety. Not enough tables. The last day/night was dead in there because they are not paying out well. I heard so many complaints. The casino host was not the best.

Beach Pool and whirlpool

Water was way too cold in all the pools and all the kids were in the hot tubs

I have to say, I was not that impressed with this group of entertainers and entertainment, I’ve seen better shows and singers on the Carnival Horizon and other smaller ships. I expected the best on a Flagship. The Punchliner as always delivered!!

BOLT Ultimate Sea Coaster

Yes sir!!!!!!!!!! Gotta do it!!!!

Punchliner Comedy Club

The best!!!!

Mardi Gras Theater

Great theater, wish they showed movies in there

Outstanding, but you have to consider we where only little over half capacity. But a great crew.

Clean, bathroom a little smaller than other shops but the shower maid up for it. Big tv nice closets lots of storage space

Ship tip

Walk the ship on day one deck 6,7,8 and 16-19 and gets your eyes on everything. On day 6, I heard people say, “oh, I didn’t know they had this or that on the ship.” There is so much and so many places to chill on this ship. Get the Bolt done quick on day one. It may not be available on other days due to weather/wind.

Ports of call