Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Okay for a small budget

Sail Date: September 12, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The Majesty of the Season is a rather old and outdated ship. I took a 3 day cruise on the Majesty of the Season about 7 years ago and the ship is exactly the same. Even the menu is still the same.

The ports are awesome. And for the most part so is the food. The entertainment and the staff are also phenomenal.

My biggest issue besides the outdated decor, was the fact that our toilet kept getting clogged. The firest night it just stopped flushing. The second night it got backed up and over flooded overnight. The next morning I went to guest services and advised them of the issue and requested to be moved to another room. They allowed me to move "temporarily" to shower and sent someone to fix the toilet for the second time.

Mind you the bathroom was never properly sanitized and reeked. I went back to guest services and requested someone thoroughly sanitize the bathroom or switch my room. By time the bathroom was properly sanitized the toilet was acting up again and I went back to guest services and demanded to be switched to another room. The last night of the cruise was the only night we had a properly functioning toilet.

Again the staff was very helpful but I wish I didn't need to complain four times before I received a suitable resolution. I was given a 20% credit towards my next cruise for the inconvenience. I will cruise Royal Caribbean again but it most definitely will not be on Majesty of the Seas.

Cabin only HAD ONE OUTLET!!! Had issues with the toilet as well.
Children's program was good. However the cost for late night care can get expensive. Especially for families who have more than one child.
Entertainment was great. However several things happen at once so you basically only get to enjoy one or two events per evening.
Excellent staff
Food was good however menu was the same as 6 or 7 years ago

Try to be up early to go to the ports. You can easily lose 1-2 hours of time waiting to get off the ship if you overslept or take your time.

1 Comment