Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Didn't Quite Blow Me Away

Sail Date: June 13, 2011

I've been to ships with better interiors - the common areas were, forgive the term, quite common. The food was decent - but nothing great. For instance, no lobster nights on this trip. The chicken marsala was decent, but I can get the same dish for $13 at my local Italian eatery. Casino was friendly enough, although video poker schedules were pretty unplayable - look for the spin poker games hidden on some multi game machines - much better payouts. But the service was impeccible - even in the buffet. I would guess this ship will be retired or refitted soon.

Also, this ship attracted a large number of folks who seemed new to cruising.

Pros: The staff was very friendly and helpful, and really seemed focused on providing great service and making sure we were accommodated above and beyond.

Cons: Food was only fair, pools were small and crowded, lacked some organization.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

Very average ship - if this ship blew someone away, I bet it was their first cruise, or their first time without the kids on something besides Carnival.
The quality was OK, the choices and selections below par. Everything was prepared well.
Standard small staterooms - serviceable for what we paid.
I liked the shows. Great juggler. The production shows are still like some parody from the Simpsons - pretty much removing all the soul from a R & B review.
Zero bad experiences. Everyone from the cruise director to the room steward were great. The highlight of the trip.
Key West, Florida
Would have liked more time. The Conch train was fine for me, since I've never been to Key West. Lunch at Sloppy Joe's was only fair, and overpriced.
Don't Miss: Conch train tour.
The saving grace - Perry McPhee. A magnificent guide and wonderful Christian gentleman. Not affiliated with the ship. Found him off the dock. He was soliciting independently. Check him out on Facebook. But - not much to see in Nassau. The Paradise was disappointing. Reminds me of the Wynn in Vegas - great if you are staying there, you don't quite get the whole shebang in a visit.
Don't Miss: Perry McPhee's tour. Take it, you will not be sorry.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
We took the Eco boat tour. It was nice, but I probably would have been just as happy staying on the beach.
Don't Miss: A lounge chair with some shade, especially if you go in June.