Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

first cruise

Sail Date: April 11, 2011

Room Type: Suite

This was my first cruise, I traveled with my daughters for a girls trip. One daughter uses a wheelcahir. I myself am an experienced cruiser chartering private sailboats in the Caribbean, so this was a change.
The ship was older and renovated from what I heard.I found it spotless. We stayed in a grand suite. The room attendant was excellent. The dining was mediocure. The crowds were disgusting. The elevators were slow and hard to get on with the wheelchair. The wait staff was ok, they tried. On several occasions I was told they did not have certain things, though only later to find the item myself. They did pass the buck on that. One night at dinner we were not asked about wanting drinks. At certain times lines for shore excursions and guest relations were very long.
I also found Cocay crowded, paradise from my experiences it is not. But again I am used to private beaches, not small cities.
I loved our balcony and bathroom with soaker tub. The transfers shore were efficient. being in a suite we had a few extra perks that were a pleasant suprise.
Would I do it again, maybe. Traveling with the wheelchair I am sure complicated things. It is too bad there were so many rude people that ran in front of her and not let her on the elevator.
I really was upset abou tthe conditiopns of the snorkling at Coco Cay. They need to instruct participants about etiquite and not stand on the coral that is trying to grow and they need to make guests aware not to take the large conch shells that have the live animal still living inside. I found this very upsetting. If they want to keep it for the future they need to take steps to protect it.

Pros: our balcony

Cons: the other people

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

was clean and ok layout
Johhny Rockets was the best food we had there
waitstaff could use some improvements.
they only show I wanted to see was at 10:45 pm the last evening and I had to be out by 7 for departure
Straw market if you have not been there before, had fun at Senior Frogs, Walked the aquariums at Atlantis on Paradise Island.
Key West, Florida
bar hopping and shopping, Hogs Breath Saloon and Margarettaville and Mile marker 0
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Parasailing was expensive for what you got. Misstreating the reefs was troubling. Too crowded for me.