Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First on Royal Caribbean

Sail Date: August 31, 2009

the ship was nice and had been redone a few years ago. There were several things I didnt like that was different from other ships we had been on . The rooms are to small for you and your bags. No storage and closet and bathroom was very small. The my time dinning was great but if you wanted to eat after 930 then you had limited options. You had to pay extra per person everytime you went to Johnny Rockets and the pizza bar was the only thing open to eat other than that. The decor was pretty and modern but the floors were lumpy even under the carpet. You could feel it and many areas of the floor were uneven. The staff was good and bad. I had to keep asking for ice in the room and when I asked about where a few of the things were going on I was told that they didnt know or that maybe they were over. They werent they just didnt take the time to help. The food crew was great and couldnt have been better.

Pros: My time dinner seating

Cons: the stinky smell on the top two decks/ the ship gave us a total bill but they charged our bank more than they were suppose too

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

Condition of the ship was all new with it being redone. The ship was clean and the layout was ok. Theproblem was the smell on the pool deck and the one above it. Was very bad and was there the total time. It was so bad we couldnt enjoy our time out side.
I didnt like that we had to pay extra to eat at some of the places on the ship. Johnny Rockets was $4.95 a person each time you went. There wasnt a lot of options to eat that was late and room service had very little to pick from.
Decor was nice and modern, greens and cream. THe room was way to small and the bathroom was even smaller. Could not hardly turn around inthe shower. Our locatoin was good as we were in the middle of the deck and had no neighbors on one side or accrose from us. That was nice.
I thought for the most part the staf was good but some didnt want to be bothered when asked for help. It was obvious and that was aggravating.
Entertainment was great- the showes were wonderful. Corey was a great singer and lead the group in a wonderful fashion. We enjoyed them all. Times were good and it worked out for us to see them all.
We enjoyed the tour of the city. Was nice to see the history of the forts and see the area that they live in. We didnt eat on the island but did enjoy the beer there and found that some was really good and others werent so good. The straw markets had to much pressure to buy and I dont like that. It makes me less apt to buy when they are pushy and several of them were pushy.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
We enjoyed the island. The sand the water and the drinks. We took a tour of the islands and got to see star fish and jelly fish and sharks in the natural area. The boat tour was wonderufl and the crew was great. The fruit drinks that were frozen were great. We missed lunch but they did have food there to eat. The moon jelly fish were to think in the water and people got stung. They were in the shallow water too that was ankle deep. I did use my floating matt but was nervous the entire time because the jelly fish were so thick. Only was able to spend a little time in the water because of them being so thick.
Don't Miss: The water boat tour of the Island
Key West, Florida
I love Key West! We went to The Hogs Breath, Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville and Sloppy Joes. The food was good the drinks were good lots of shopping. We rented a electric cart and it was great to take us around to the Southern Most point and by the other sites that were a little far to walk.
Don't Miss: Kino Shoes. Its just about 2 doors down from The hogs breath. The shoes are made in frt of you adn were all leather fit great and only 12 bucks- men and womens and childrens- cant wait to get more-