Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A wonderfull cruise

Sail Date: July 23, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I traveled with twins of 12 and I am 76. We all enjoyed the two dance review shows very much. Some of the activites such as the chocolate tasting were scheduled much too late and then have to get up in the AM. The dining experience was wonderful. The waiters and the stewart were the best. I felt the 5' debth of the pool was not so great. You either had to swim or sit on the side of the pool. The elevators were situated at one end of the ship only from the second floor so it was usually a long way to get to the opposite end of the ship. I know the ship was recently refurbished so there is nothing that could be done about either situation. All in all we enjoyed the ship very much and would not want to be on any larger ship with more people.

Pros: The food and dining room service-The room stewart- the shows

Cons: Nothing really

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

Our stateroom was much too far from the elevators. My son chose the room and if posible I would have chosen a different one. We were in 2516 for three persons. All else was fine as could be expected with 3 of of us sharing a room.
Elevators not situated well. Decor fine and not overdone. Public areas were all clean and well kept.
As I said before some of the activities were scheduled much too late. The rock climbing experience was great for the 12 year old girls. The two singing-dancing shows were great even for the girls.The husband and wife contest had us laughing very loud. There was almost too much to do!!!
The food choices were wonderful and the quality excellent. The fish was excellent as sometimes frozen fish has a fishy taste. Our waiter and waiters assistant were wonderful.
All of the staff were just fantastic especially the stewart who was so helpful answering questions that we weren't clear on. One of the girls wrapped up her bathing suit in a beach towel and the stewart held it until the next morning and we were able to get it back. The wait staff went above and beyond to be friendly and helpful with our selections.
Rock climbing was a great experience for the 12 year olds. The safety was great as well as the experience of the instructor.
The girls enjoyed the shopping but bought very little.
Key West, Florida
The Butterfly Farm was wonderful. The 12 year olds were not interested in seeing much so our experience was limited. It was also terribly hot on the streets.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
The snorkeling left much to be desired. You had to go so far out to see any fish and the entire reef is ruined with so many people treading in the water. The water was so cloudy that near the rocks even you could not see anything. It wasn't clear to any of us that we were just going to be snorkeling off the shore as we were under the impression that we would be going on a boat. When I booked the trip I had my own snorkle and perhaps I should have asked what the price would have been for just the vest and fins. The buffet was just great.