Overall Good Experience but customer service needs burnishing.

Maasdam Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

7 Night Canada & New England Discovery (Boston To Montreal)
Sail Date: June 06, 2015
Ship: Maasdam

The ship was well appointed with lots of public space to just relax and enjoy.  Dining room food superb. Lido dining was a bit confusing as the first 48 hours there was no self service buffet and staff served portions to passengers. Problem was that some of the staff did not seem to understand English and it was difficult to communicate portions and selections. In room dining service was drastically flawed as I had placed breakfast order forms outside my stateroom door six times and five times I was not served breakfast.  When we checked in the am the slips remained outside my door.  After the second missed breakfast I phoned the front desk and they still missed three days,   One time the front desk staff took my order over the phone and I was served tea instead of coffee.  Twice the china coffee cups were chipped and discolored.   What liked about this cruise was that I felt valued as a guest and staff did not press guests to spend on ancillary services and  purchases.  In comparison to a recent Norwegian Cruise on the Dawn I found this cruise to be more comfortable due to the smaller ship size and fewer guests.