Not impressed

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Liberty of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 01, 2018

Ship: Liberty of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I have cruised on Carnival the three times prior to this cruise and I expected a lot more based on what I have heard others say. I won't be back on Royal Caribbean. The food was awful (I lost 7 pounds in a week because I couldn't even force myself to eat the food. The rooms are very small for the money. The staff that I encountered was wonderful, but that doesn't decide how I spend 5 of my only 15 days per year of vacation.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Pool Bar

KT, Oliver, Bernie, Romel, and Angelita are AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Wanted a bit more night life and pool time. The pool bar closed at 9 and every dang night there was a kid movie on the big screen. I understood this cruise to have less children than Carnival. Nope. In the future, I will book with Carnival and triple the quality of the rooms, nightlife for adults, pool area and food.

Ship tip

Don't do it.

Ports of call

Galveston, Texas

George Town, Grand Cayman Did not visit port

Too big a pain in the rearend to have do vouchers and really wanted some time on the boat without so many kids around.

Falmouth, Jamaica