Will never book a Royal Caribbean Cruise again

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 10, 2017
Ship: Liberty of the Seas
Reviewed: 1 month ago
This was such a disappointing cruise. We normally take Carnival but wanted to give this a try. The only thing nicer about this cruise was the cabin. The staff are not friendly , lack of entertainment and shops, the food isn't as good and they will cancel a port and not re route to make sure you hit all ports. I asked for a water at one of the bars and the guy told me to go to the self serve station. There wasn't anyone else in line at the time and it was just rude. I spoke to MANY people on the ship who shared our sentiments! I will never cruise with RC again.
The ship was delayed 5 hours and the check in process was a nightmare! It was like herding cattle. We finally get on board the ship and wait another 2 hours for room to be ready.

The food was good at the buffet and okay in the dining room. The service was good in dining room but awful at buffet.

There were not enough activities for a ship with 4000 people on it. They only allowed 50 people to ice skate at a time and the mini golf was often too busy to play. There are only so many times you can go to the art auction or play bingo at $40 a pop

The shows were decent. The acrobat show was good and ice skating show was worth watching. They rarely did karaoke and it lasted 1 hour and only allowed person to sing once. My husband was very disappointed and the lady who ran it was very rude.

We had a good room steward and waiter but everyone else on board were rude and obviously didn't want to be there!

They needed more shops but it was a clean ship and nice design. I loved our balcony room and spent TONS of time there since there wasn't anything else to do. The only negative in the room was the rock hard bed.

Great! Need softer bed but very large and balcony was great!

My one tip would be to schedule a cruise on Carnival, Princess , Celebrity or any other ship! Many of the staff were rude and acted like they didn't want to be there. I have been on at least 9 cruises and this was by far the least enjoyable!

Fine to embark from
Always love Cozumel but our excursion was cancelled due to wind.
They cancelled this port because of wind???? I had friends on the Carnival Breeze who left out the same day and the ship routed it where they could make all ports. They compensated us a whopping $34 HA!!!
The shops were nice around the port but afraid to go outside the gate!
Only took an hour to get off the boat and dolphins were there to greet us ....