Liberty cruise review

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Liberty of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 20, 2017

Ship: Liberty of the Seas

Cabin number: 2236

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

This was a family cruise with older children. The first night at dinner was a Disaster because they didn’t have our reservation we had made two months before the cruise. There were 8 of us. The Maitre d’ said it as because there was a family of 1100 traveling together from Spain. Well now that wasn’t my problem was it!! So our reservation was totally disregarded due to the size of their party. POOR customer service!!

Embarkation

Speedy and professional

Ship experiences

Food was exceptional as was the wait staff

Pool in solarium was nice, a little overcrowded due to the 1300 children on board I presume. The flow rider was a hit with my 18 year old grandson.

Saturday Night Fever was very good. Would like to see more oldies. Piano bar was ok. Ice show was fabulous.

This is based on a mishap the first night in the dining room.

It could have been cleaner. Some of the bathrooms were not up to what I feel are Royal Carribean standards.

Cabin was clean, our room steward was great. I did have a problem with the egg crate foam on top of the mattress with out a cover on it, that’s disgusting!!

Ship tip

I hated going through a smokescreen in the casino to get anywhere else on the ship.

Ports of call