Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Lovely service

Sail Date: April 03, 2016

We have done this itinerary before on other RC ships. Liberty of the Seas is a sparkling clean boat with all of the amenities you expect from Royal Caribbean. We had a regular balcony cabin - next time we will spring for something larger, as there was not enough room for us to want to stay in the cabin for long. One chair for sitting - hardly room for two big suitcases to be stored. I take my own pillow with me as the room pillows are not the best quality. The only negative I have to say about the cruise is that the food, while perfectly adequate, seemed a bit uninspired. I've been on other RC cruises where it seemed the daily food choices were more varied. There were never any identified gluten free desserts offered, as has been the case on our other trips. We also ate at Chops - while the food is decent I don't see the need to frequent the specialty dining again. It was good, not great. Overall, the service from each and every person we met on the ship was exemplary, and is part of what makes cruising so nice. The itinerary: Jamaica - meh. We only got off the boat to walk around the port shopping area, as we have done Dunns River Falls and sightseeing there before. Cayman - Heaven on earth. Seven Mile Beach is where we land and it's perfect. Cozumel - we went to Mr. Sanchos. It's $55 per person to get in with the all-inclusive package. Food and drinks served on the beach. The margaritas are stout, and after having my first one I saw the resident iguana being carried by his handler. Said iguana was wearing a diaper. Seriously the funniest thing I have seen all year and I would go back just to see that diapered iguana. Great service there and good souvenirs. We will probably do this itinerary again as it is an easy drive for us to the port. I hope RC ups their game on the food.

Middle of the ship so not much motion. Quiet area, near the elevators. Only the small size was a negative for us.
RC does the best job with coaching their staff. All were wonderful.

Pack an extra shoulder bag to carry souvenirs off the boat.