Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Boat wasn't my favorite, the Dining and Staff were excellent though!

Sail Date: December 13, 2015

Enjoyed my trip, the best part was the dining and the staff members. The ship felt old and grungy at times, and the decorum was out of whack, did not look or match like other boats I had been on. I know that the boat has tourists and I feel that it is too americanized or still aims too much to consumerism and not enough on adventure and freedom. I didn't feel relaxed in the promenade, I could have just ran through a busy mall to get that experience. I want to feel like pushed and prodded to buy buy buy - and staying away from certain stores made me feel like I had a vacation. The ports are also just fashioned to look like a "different" place that is exotic, but you don't really get to experience the real cultures and attitudes of the people. It is la-la-land inside the port shopping and this gives less time for those who really need to go out and visit the cities and the cultures - which is what I feel a lot of people want to do, but you really can't.

Cabin / Stateroom Cabin was alright, we enjoyed the curtain, but part of the curtain was torn down like someone had tried to climb it or something, then the ship door was really hard to open especially if you were carrying things. God bless room service for being so patient.
Ship disembarkation at the ports was late and had to return early not enough time to enjoy the port and at the beginning felt rushed and cramped.
Parts of the ship felt old and grungy. Sofas were either new or worn out and frayed. Feel like I've been on cleaner less confusing ships where the art was ingrained and more immediate to the ship experience. The art stood out more than it should have, I know art terms and can critique - just felt like it wasn't really emphasized enough.
excellent staff in the botticelli dining hall, amazing head waiter - Habib; amazing table waiters: Ronaldo, Mohamed and Lesso (different table).