Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good time in the Caribbean

Sail Date: November 29, 2015

We enjoyed our recent trip to the Caribbean out of Galveston on Liberty of the Seas. Overall, the staff was friendly, but some seemed less than enthused to be there. The ship is older and is going to be rejuvenated early next year. If I had know this, I probably would have selected another ship. However, our room was clean and the promenade was really nice. I haven't been on a ship with a promenade before. It is a great place to people watch and flag down newfound friends.

Our excursions were great. We booked those through , and things went well. I think the worst thing about the cruise was the food. Nothing was really spectacular and most of it was very unappealing. The pizza at Sorrento's was worse than the pizza at our grandchild's school cafeteria!

The cruise director and activity director were fun and friendly. The ice show was out of this world, and I loved the Saturday Night Fever show. There are some great ice skaters and dancers on board. The comedians were both really lacking, though.

Our cabin was clean and in good shape. My parents had a cabin on the 7th floor and had no hot water for the whole cruise, though.
There wasn't enough to do most days.
I'm not sure why things are closed so early and open so late on the promenade.
Galveston, Texas
Falmouth, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
Plan an excursion, as there is not much to do in port besides shop. It is very expensive to shop here.
Great shopping right on the International Pier. Take cash.

Take a snack and water on each excursion.