november 29th 2015 liberty of the sea

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 29, 2015
Ship: Liberty of the Seas

overall I would have to say the cruise was good not great or excellent   The ship was not as clean and the staff did not seem as friendly and efficient as they have been on previous cruises.  Staff members did not seem to be as helpful on this cruise. For the cost of the excursions I would not recommend them.  The food was ok but has been better on past cruises.  We were traveling with 2 other couples. One of the couples husband had a heart attack while on a diving excursion. His wife and myself had to get off ship at that point to be with him.  When we found out about his hospitalization it was almost time for the ship to leave port.  We were rushed off of the ship not giving us time to get our belongings.   My husband and the other couple stayed on board to take care of our luggage and we were assured when we left the ship they would have help when they disembarked. My husband stated that he did not have help to get the luggage off the ship. We were very disappointed in how this matter was handled and how the staff made us feel when rushing us to leave the ship.  we understand that the ship is on a timeline but I think perhaps this policy needs to be reviewed and staff needs more training on how to manage issues like this