Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Beautiful ship----great itinerary

Sail Date: August 31, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I would recommend this ship and cruise  to anyone who wants a glimpse of Spain, France, and Italy. The LOS is beautiful---very clean, lots to do and has a great promenade. We had a junior suite and woke up to beautiful scenery each day! The Staff was great!!!

I give it 4.5 stars instead of 5 because of the food. The dining room was beautiful and there were other choices of where to eat ....but the "quality" of the food was not what I expected. Not to say that all the food was average.....but much of it was just ok. One complaint I had was that they put mayo on all the sandwiches in the snack areas. We went to the Windjammer, but they did not have the same variety of deli meats. We asked if we could have the sandwiches without mayo and they said they come that way. Also, we went to the dining room for breakfast and they admitted the  eggs were powdered.

I will continue to check out RCI as my first choice for cruising but I think for the price of the  European cruises, there should be more attention paid to the quality and taste of the food.

Ali S.

clean with lots to do---gret promenade
quality and taste average
Alex, our junior suite attendant
Children's Programs N/A
Destinations and Excursions We did them all on our own due to the price on the ship
It will be hard to travel without a junior suite or a balcony! The scenery coming into the ports is breathtaking. This type of cabin is a must for this cruise.
Barcelona, Spain
We started here and came the day before . We did the hop-on hop-off bus and had a blast.
Marseille (Provence), France
We missed our wine tour but did do the little train to the church.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
We went to Monaco, and Eze on the train---on our own. Did some shopping in Eze and V-S-M
La Spezia, Italy
We took the train to Cinque Terre---Beautiful!!! Should not miss this . Spent time with family from Lucca.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Spent time with family in Orbetello and Porto Ercole---another beautiful area.
Naples, Italy
take the "See Amalfi Coast" tour (trip advisor) and ask for Vito as your guide!! Highlight of our trip next to family!!

Loved the shows! The promenade area was fun!!!