Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Beware of multiple expense account charges!!!

Sail Date: May 18, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent cruise on Liberty of the Seas.  However, from the time I left the ship and arrived at the airport ( less than a half an hour), Royal Caribbean had added charges to my expense account and placed a second hold on my  bank account.  This tied up funds that I needed to use for my return trip home.  This exact situation happened to me when I cruised with Royal Caribbean in December.  Still on vacation - on a holiday weekend (in December it was only a few days before Christmas) - I have to pay international phone charges to make contact with my bank.  One charge was removed promplty.  Then, this morning (I've been home for two days), I see that a hold remains on my account in addition to the withdraw that my bank released to Royal Caribbean yesterday.  After almost an hour on the phone, with a Royal Caribbean associate who initially denied the double hold, we contacted my bank.  Through that contact and a follow up call from my banks representative, I was told that my bank funds were unavailable because Royal Caribbean was not releasing the hold.  The authorization has been taken care of and after yet another days wait, my funds will be available.  Just be aware that this can happen and pay close attention to Royal Caribbean charges.