Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Two first-time cruisers fall in love with Liberty of the Seas

Sail Date: April 07, 2014

My wife and I had never cruised before, mostly due to her fear that she would be seasick. She found the motion of the boat somewhat upsetting, but by using gravol she wasn't affected by it. I found the motion very minimal, and the effects onme were almost nil. We enjoyed the dining facilities, the large common areas and the many restauraunts, especially the wonderful service at the Hoof and Claw. The boat was so clean, and we were very impressd by the efforts of the staff to keep it that way. Our waitress at dinnertime in the Boticelli, Sally, was unfailingly gracious and did a great job of explaining the many menu options to us. Her assistant waiter and the bar man were also very nice to us. The deals on wine every night were great. As a cider drinker, I was impressed that Strongbow cider was available on the boat.

The only small issue was with the prices at the General Store, I found $2.30 for a roll of Tums a little much. However, I also got a great deal on a Citizen watch, so that more than made up for it.

This was our first cruise, but it will definitely not be our last!

We didn't really attend any shows, but we heard great reviews from people who did.
We haveno kids
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
There has to be a better way of handling boarding. Lines were too long, although they moved fairly quickly.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Try the zip line!
Falmouth, Jamaica
If you go to Jamaica, you have to climb Dunn's river falls. Be prepared to get soaked, and remember you don't need your passport.

Go to the Windjammer for breakfast. It's fast, the view is great and it's not croded at around 7am.