Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

No, I'm Not Kidding!

Sail Date: February 25, 2013

Talk about Value, this cruise is it! Awesome ship, super friendly and capable crew, and absolutely PERFECT weather combine for one incredible trip.
The Liberty of the Seas and Royal Caribbean put on quite a show. We had a fabulous time at their private island, Labadee. They even brought the Windjammer café right to the beach! All you can eat burgers, hot dogs, bbq ribs, fruit, drinks, you name it, it was all there and included at no extra fee.
The shows were excellent, especially the "Unexpected Boys", which is their version of the Jersey Boys.
The fine dining was very well done and the food was superb. We loved the nightly specials and our wait staff was very attentive.
I loved the Fitness Center and the Sauna. The attendant, Paul from Guyana, was super friendly and I consider him now a friend. Really enjoyed giving him a nice tip and he really appreciated it.
Tons of things to do on the ship, but I would highly recommend a balcony room.
Also, very much appreciated having The Fox News Channel available throughout the entire cruise! What a treat.
Thanks Royal Caribbean for a wonderful cruise. You can bet we'll be back!!
Did Not Use
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Be sure to get a PORTER on your return!
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
The beach at the end of the tram line is awesome!!
Falmouth, Jamaica
Probably stay in the new shopping area unless you're ready to haggle!

The Portofino Restaurant is excellent and worth the small extra charge if you want a little more privacy and awesome food.
Also, the dining staff let us change tables when we were initially seated at a table with a very obnoxious lady. Our dining experience was awesome after that change.
Nice circular style showers in the cabin bath. Plenty of room and all-around nice quality appointments throughout the stateroom.
Take advantage of the sauna. It is an awesome way to sweat out yesterday's extra calories and it was almost unused. I felt like I had my own personal locker room!
If you want a quality cruise with tons of VALUE, the Liberty of the Seas is the way to go. No, they didn't pay me to say that, I just know a good deal and this cruise was just all that.

1 Comment