Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Could have been better.

Sail Date: May 31, 2014

My first cruise with R.C. was a five star experience, this simply fell short.  Except for our porter, dining room waiter and his assistant our staff experience would have been 2 stars.  The ship activity directors were friendly and helpful.  Unfortunately, that was not the standard for the customer service and information desk, cafe servers, and Windjammer servers, They were polite, but far from friendly. The customer information desk, gave us the wrong times for activities, sent us to the wrong area to find places we needed and again not friendly.  We had a drink package for our sodas and were refused free sodas at one of the restaurants on our list, customer service did nothing to help.

I went to check on our luggage, we had all but 1 suitcase, my porter informed me, he didn't know why, but I had to go to security to retrieve my bag.  Confused and concerned as to what the problem was, I went. I was met by 1 very stern and scowling security officer and greeted by the other. The scowler says, "You cannot not have your luggage because there was an iron found, and that is not allowed."  I say "Oh, I didn't realize that, but no problem you can take it."  Scowler says "Well, it is in your paperwork and you can't have it.  Me (with a little atitude) I understand, go ahead and keep it" the other security says "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, all we need is to make a slip and we will return when you disembark. We hope your trip is good.  Scowler-not a word.  funny how my travel iron with an auto shut-off was so bad, yet my 2 curling irons without auto shut-off were no problem.

Instead of greeting guests as we returned back from onshore excursions we were hustled through and treated like we were strangers trying to sneak onboard.  Nothing like my first cruise--which was on a larger ship with more guests. A smile and a greeting goes a very long way!

Clean, well kept nice areas to go to.
Dining room food not much better than Windjammer
Roomy, clean, wonderful view
Our porter Ludwig, waiter Bernard and his assistant Eva made our trip excellent. Maybe, a lack of training or experience was the problem with the rest of the staff.
The nightly shows and special performances were good and entertaining. Unfortunately,timing of activities would conflict with each other and you were unable to do both.
Onboard Activities Scrapbooking & watching cake decorating-boring. Would like more games of chance, like bingo.
Really enjoyed excursions. Because of the size of the city and things to see, less time in Alesund. And because the larger size and more to see, more time spent in Bergen
Copenhagen, Denmark
We spent a week after the cruise here. Wonderful!
Flaam, Norway
The troll caves were not real exciting, but interesting. Very small and very cold. They provide jackets
Alesund, Norway Maybe try two excursions. Town small and a lot of time there.
Geiranger, Norway
Take an excursion. The trip was wonderful
Bergen, Norway
Plan time wisely. If you want to have time to explore on your own, take a short excursion or none. We took panoramic of city, didn;t leave any time to shop and self explore.

Spend evenings in the adult pool area. Great view and lots of seating.