Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Jewel of the Seas - Outstanding!!!!

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

We had a wonderful cruise to Bermuda out of Boston. The ride back to Boston was a bit rocky, but this never bothers us - we sat at the end of the ship on the deck and bounced around with the wake! Top notch elegance, the Jewel is.

Pros: Elegance, outstanding food, classy and professional waitstaff

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

Entertainment was enjoyable - violinists, pianists - although we never attended any of the shows, I heard they were enjoyable.
Our room with the balcony was worth any price. We enjoyed breakfast on the balcony while cruising - just beautiful, as were the sunrise and sunsets we viewed.
Good grief, I'll never eat again. Is there such a thing as too much food? On the Jewel there is excellent food of all kinds, at all hours. Even room service offered delicious choices.
Our balcony room was outstanding. I'd never do it any other way.
My only complaint was our head waiter - he was a bit short and abrupt with everyone at the table. He seemed to change his attitude though as he noticed that fewer and fewer people were coming to the dining room, but opting for the absolutely outstanding buffets available every day.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
I didn't care for the port, would have preferred to land closer to Hamilton. Plenty to see and do at King's Wharf, but it's a half hour moped ride to Hamilton. You can take your moped on to the ferry for $4.00 to Hamilton. Wish we had done this - as the first day my husband had a moped accident, 20 stitches in his foot, and that altered our plans. NOTE - the bill on the ship for my husband's medical care was $400. To be paid immediately. so BE CAREFUL!