a nice cruise

Island Princess Cruise Review to Hawaii

15 Night Hawaii (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 20, 2006
Ship: Island Princess
The ship was clean and nice looking . The entertaiment was good . Food was average . The weather wasn't the best so we didn't spend much time out on deck . There were a number of things I didn't like about the cruiselines charges . It appears to have nominal charges for different things on the ship . Charges for classes given . Two different dinning areas that cost between 15.00 and 20.00 per person . Ice cream shop . So I guess I haven't been use to these extras on other cruise ship . I don't think this would be my first choice of cruise lines in my furture travels .
we rented our own car and toured the area. went to pearl habor ourself . Was cheaper than the trips offered from the ship .
we took a shuttle into town and then took a trip out to the blowhole cheaper than the ship . We came back and shopped in town and only cost us 4 dollars.
we rented a car and toured the island ourself. was the best thing to do . we had another couple with us . The cost only 75.00 for the day .
took the volcanio tour, was good
tour of the town . nice
took the volcanio tour, was good
tour of the town . nice

Pros: clean,service and entertaining

Cons: cost of shore trips, the special dinning extra cost .