Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Sail Date: April 18, 2016

This was our first cruise and it was wonderful!  Our room attendant was great. She cleaned our room in the mornings and after we would come in for a nap or to change in the afternoon, we would come back to a clean room again!  Food was excellent. Even in the Windjammer buffet. Our waiters, by the 2nd day, knew the drinks, bread we preferred and even went out of the way to get us a side that wasn't on the menu. Getting off at the ports and getting on..while there were lines, they moved pretty fast so was not a long wait. I did a lot of research before we went on best cruise line and I am glad to see the reviews I read paid off.  Our next cruise will be with Royal Carribean.

We got a room with a promenade view. I was a bit concerned about noise from shops below, but we never heard anything. During parades you could hear a bit, but very muted. The bed was extremely firm, but we got use to that.
We were on the ship (we did online check in also) within 20 minutes of getting out of Uber cab. We did go around 11:45am. I read that was less busy time and that review was correct.
It was very clean.
Every meal was a treat. You will waste your money eating at specialty restaurants. As main dining and Windjammer have everything you can think of and prepared extremely well.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Parasailing was great! Lunch and island is fantastic
Falmouth, Jamaica
We did the VIP Bamboo beach excursion. It was nice, but honestly not worth $160.00 for couple. You are actually only there about 3 hours. The food is good, waitstaff good, drinks a bit strong..but I think for that price we could have gone to another bigger, prettier side of Jamaica- bought food and drinks for way cheaper. Also, the bus was late taking us so that took off 30 minutes.

If you don't like crowds, get to the ship early. Get up early for breakfast..go to lunch around noon. Also, participate in the games..even if to much fun