Nice get away cruise

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 14, 2016

Overall the cruise was very nice.  The registration was not that great.  All checkin had been completed online, but they needed to see my credit card.  The card was not returned to me.  When I realized the card was missing as soon as I got on board, I went back out to the registration area to get my card.  The person that took care of us had left and no card had been turned in, so the first 2 hours of my vacation were spent closing out my credit card and re doing some of the registration.   Once all this was taken care of the cruise was very nice.  The entertainment was excellent.  The ice show was amazing and each evening they had a very nice show in the main theater.    The food in the main dining room was very good.  We also ate in the Windjammer and it was always delicious.  There were not enough waiters in the main dining in the area we were seated in, so service was a little slow.  The waiters in the Windjammer were always so friendly and helpful.  We had 2 balcony cabins next to each other and the cabin steward was also very helpful in opening up the balcony partition which really made it nice.  Disembarkation took an hour, but that seems to be the norm for Ft. Lauderdale - not my favorite place to end a cruise.

Shows in main theater were excellent. Ice show was outstanding.

It was always very clean and the cabin steward was able to open up the balcony partition for us.