Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wonderful 10th Anniversary Getaway!

Sail Date: March 03, 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our time aboard the Independence. This was our first cruise and first trip alone without our children. The room (ocean view/port hole) was spacious enough, so so clean, functional, and comfortable. The ship had plenty to do, rarely to never felt crowded, and was so clean and relaxing. I didn't really know what to expect, but it exceeded my expectations in nearly every category. The SERVICE IS AWESOME! The wait staff and room attendants were superb. The shows were of good quality, the cover band was ridiculously amazing, and the food was pretty amazing too.

My only cons if I had to come up with any are that all of the extras on board are SO expensive (especially the spa). It also isn't clear for first time cruisers what is included and what is extra (so I always felt unsure and had to ask but I got the hang of it quickly.).

Overall, we loved our trip. 4 nights was just perfect to enjoy all the boat had to offer, visit Cozumel, and not be away from our kids too long. However, I could have easily spent another night or 2 on board if I had my kids with me. Speaking of kids, the families on board were never a disruption to our couples getaway. We always felt as though there was plenty of room for everyone.

So clean! The staff cleans your room twice a day - even folding clothes. I would probably stick with this same type of room on our next cruise - even with our two small kids.
Disembarking at our final port was a bit slow, but not too bad. Getting off at Cozumel, however, was so easy!
Loved trying the rock climbing and flow rider!
I would have enjoyed more "broadway" type shows, but I heard they are only on longer cruises. The shows they did have were of good quality however. The cover band on board was insanely good!
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
We really liked Playa Mia. A lot to do and super family friendly! Get there early and you'll be the only ones there!

Be ready to get off the boat early when you reach your port. We were one of the first ones off which meant we got to our water park right as it opened. We had the whole place to ourselves for 30 mins or so!

Also, a drinks package is a must for alcohol or coke products.

1 Comment