Great service, poor up-front communication

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 07, 2016
Ship: Independence of the Seas

Customer service was amazing.  The staff on the Independence of the Seas was the best I've ever seen.  Across the board they were accommodating, kind, friendly, and pleasant.

There were MANY hidden charges that I didn't plan for.  That was a bummer.  I was stressed most of my vacation because I was over budget.  User error?  Maybe.  But I was up front that this was my first cruise and could have been provided particulars at many different occasions. Perhaps during one of the seven pre-cruise phone calls I made asking questions... specifically about hidden charges.  GRR.

Taste was hit and miss. Sometimes very delicious, other times like I was eating at a Sizzler. In other words, processed. I never went to bed hungry, though.

A.MAZ.ING. Nehru and Rachael in King Lear Dining were the BEST.

Had a super tiny, very inexpensive stateroom and it was MARVELOUS!!! I was expecting to feel cramped and claustrophobic. Not in the least.