Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

A Relaxing Vacation For Sure

Sail Date: December 14, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Just returned from a 5 Night Cruise with Royal Caribbean on Independence of the Seas.  What a great, relaxing vacation.   I just wish I had booked a longer trip!

The ship is great for families as there were activities for all of us.  While the main areas (pool / dining) were crowed during peak times (expected on a full ship), simply scheduling time around peak meant plenty of time around the pool, in the hot-tubs and seaside table in the main dining room (My Time).

The ship was clean, modern and the staff was amazing.  Food was delicious and there was so much variety that we had dinner in the main dining room every night and I never had the same thing twice.

Flow-Rider and Rock Wall Climbing were big hits with the kids.  The wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment both on the skating rink and in the main theater.

Labadee and Falmouth were great ports (be sure to take a shore excursion at Falmouth or it's just souvenir shopping).  I saw some of the most beautiful sunrises, on the top deck while enjoying a cup of coffee.

Extremely comfortable bed. Even the bathroom was manageable size-wise. Balcony was well worth it.

Be open to doing things at off times. Go to the pool early (9a-11a), go to afternoon shows, eat late (8pm) - and the full ship doesn't feel so full.